Am I crazy?

I was talking with my BFF and we were discussing our situations, she and her hubby have seperate bank accounts, she hyphenated her last name and most of her mail still goes to her momma house..DH and I have the same account (none seperate), I took his last name and all my mail comes to our home..She says that I need to protect myself, I say I'm not in this marriage preparing for the end...

Asked by sam223 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I am like you. I will do like you...

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i think like you do. i shouldnt have to prepair for an end to anything. it's thinking like that that will end a marriage.

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• evry relationship is different and yes i agree with your freind you do need to protect yourself maybe even have your own account on the side .... most relationships don't last forever so just be smart about it before you could get hurt

Answer by miritrose at 9:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• To each his own...i don't think having a personal account is a bad idea but i wouldn't consider it an issue of protecting yourself...If you feel like you need to protect yourself from your husband there is something wrong with your marriage.

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I do like you, but she does have a point. Now having mail go to her mother's makes little sense to me and is not really legal. I mean it needs to go to where you reside. But as for the separate accounts, to each their own. We share, but I have my budget and I stay within it, though it does come out of the same joint checking, and he is the only one bringing hgome the paycheck. I stay home.

Answer by txdaniella at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yeah, sounds a bit like she's not 100% committed to the guy.

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm like you are also, everything that is mine is my hubby's also......everything that's his is also mine.

Answer by colethky at 9:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• are you sure she is not lying about something. Mail going to her moms? .. does she get state insurance, food stamps. something it not adding up!

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• @ miritrose I dont live my life with him thinking he is going to hurt me, and you right alot of relationship dont last because people go into relationship with idealistic thinking, Im not looking for the fantasy, marriage is alot of work and we love each other enough that we put in the work (so far its working, 24 years)...Thanks ladies its nice to know that there are still people who believe in marriage..Im not alone...

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i must say that there is no question about said the best thing i have ever heard in my life which by the way i am fixing to be 45 next month so i have heard alot of negativity about marriage and relationships because of what they experienced which in turn made me afraid to marry...going into marriage and knowing it would end...i am so glad to hear your positivity...i bet you shut her mouth...

Answer by bentheredonthat at 10:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010