About Friendship

If your friend did something you didn't approve of (like... get an abortion) - even though you were supportive of her decision because she's your friend - would you be upset if she got pregnant again - within two months of her abortion? (Even if she decided to keep it)

Blubuni99

Asked by Blubuni99 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Perhaps you should define what friendship means to you - and her. If you are a true friend, then the mistakes that they make - especially those that do not directly involve you - are their to make. Perhaps you are the one person who does not judge; who asks the hard questions that can get her into a state of self examination. And the one friend who will be there when she needs to learn to forgive herself for perceived mistakes. Unless this is a toxic relationship to you (and there's no way of knowing that from your question), then the only reason you would have to be upset is the fact that someone you love has engaged in self-destructive behaviors and will have to deal with the consequences.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just doesn't make much sense. Yeah it would bug me.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• no i would be happy of her decision this time
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes. it shows she is irrasponsible. idk how long the freindship would last
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If my "friend" did something I felt was wrong I would not support her simply because of that friendship.
    BECAUSE of that friendship I would point out why I felt it was wrong and help find another solution.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would, and I would explain to her as to why. I would have a hard time understanding why she aborted a baby and kept the one she was pregnant with only 2 months later. Had the time been longer, like a year or longer, the situation would be different, but not 2 months apart.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes it would bug me. life is not something to play around with. i would let her knw how i feel
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Some people make the same mistakes over and over again and never seem to learn from their mistakes. So if it bugs you then move on.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would not be happy. I would let her know how I feel. And if she chose to continue to do things like that I would consider ending the friendship. I don't have to agree with most things to keep a friend. But certain actions over and over so close together would really get to me. If she took no precautions to prevent it I would be really upset.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010