morning sickness!

I have morning sickness really bad. It starts from when I wake up in the morning to when I go to bed. I went to my doctors appointment and he told me that mustard would cure it. But I can't stand the taste of mustard so I was hoping that anyone knows other ways to kinds help stop it to some degree.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mustard???......hmm, I've never heard that. I also had morning sickness......with all 3 of my pregnancies. It lasted all day, everyday. The only thing that would somewhat ease it for me was to avoid everything with strong smells......example, perfume, soaps, cleaners, gas (the kind that goes into a car :o ). Other than that, ginger ale would help sometimes and giving into my cravings also helped at a times.

Good luck
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I ate sour candies like crazy! they really helped me.
    got the idea from those Preggo Pops/Queazy Pops. Couldn't stand to pay that much for a few lollipops so just bought hard candies in similar flavors. Sour apple was always a fave of mine anyways.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ginger
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mustard? I've never heard that...my dr had to prescribe me medication because my morning sickness was so bad.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• when are you taking your prenatal vitamins?? my dr told me that sometimes those can make you feel sick as well, so she told me to take mine at night, right before bed. but, really, i feel for ya, i had morning sickness/all day sickness, from 6 weeks until i was 8 monts, it wasnt fun!!!! nothing seemed to help me, i ate lotsa soda crackers tho.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I also got medication from my doctor but I would throw that up also :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ginger (like ginger ale) and peppermint have always worked for me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• keep a glass of ginger ale by my bedside and salted preztels
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• crackers and flat soda worked great for me.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 11:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I was put on all three anti nausea medications. None of them worked. What did work was Benadryl. That and make sure you are staying hydrated. I know that is hard when you are already nauseated, but I found for me it was a vicious cycle. If I got dehydrated I got nauseated. If I drank more I didn't get nauseated. I had to make myself drink. I agree with eating drinking something sour. I ate lemon Popsicle with my second and I could only drink lemon lime Gatorade. Good luck.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010