i'm scared

i have my second appointment on friday and i'm affraid that my doctor won't find the baby's heartbeat again. i'm 14 weeks pregnant and i still don't feel pregnant. my breast are sore every morning and i feel sick from just looking at certain foods. i haven't had ANY signs of a misscarriage, but i'm scared i'm going to lose my second baby.

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh hunny, Please don't worry your self! If the doc thought ther was something wrong he would have an ultra sound done immeditley..Just keep calm..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 6:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think things are going to be okay. I had a stillborn and losing a baby is never easy... However, it's not unusual for the docs not to hear the heartbeat at your first appointment. At this appointment if they don't hear it they will do an ultrasound. If you happen to be overweight, it might take a little longer for them to be able to hear the heartbeat. Just calm down, if you are Christian then Pray about it b/c it sure helped me with everything I've done through! :) By the way, we're pretty close, I'm 15 weeks. When is your due date?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I've had a totally healthy, normal, textbook pregnancy, but I've still been anxious and terrified that something's going to go wrong. It's a completely normal fear, all women get it. As long as everything's going fine, just try to take a deep breath and be thankful that nothing's going wrong.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It can also depend on the location of your uterus. If you have a tilt to your uterus or it's slightly set back it is much harder to get a heartbeat early on! I'm sure you will do great!!
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It is impossible not to be worried about this. It is normal to not hear the hearbeat at first. Once you find out that you have a little miracle inside of you, you spend all of your time worrying about it. It will be fine, once you see the heart beat you will be so overwhelmed and amazed!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• its possible to not find the heartbeat babies are stubborn lol ... im sre things are fine and i wish you luck let us know how it goes ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2008