How old was your child when you switched them from the childs fruity tothpaste to regular adult toothpaste?

Do you feel that the "regular adult" toothpaste is better than the fruity stuff for kids?

toomuchfreetime

Asked by toomuchfreetime at 10:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• when they were old enough to not swallow all of it. I guess around 2.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• still havent he's 14. he doesn't like the taste. he says its too spicy
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i never used the kid's toothpaste, always used a small amount of the adult and no floride drops.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I switched them recently...about 6 months ago, so they were 4, 4, and 2. As long as they knew not to swallow it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We always used regular toothpaste--Colgate. Never used Kids' falvored.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We use cinnamon flavored toothpaste after about age 4. The minty ones are too hot for ME.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• 2. He wanted to use "daddy toothpaste". :) We use about half a pea-size dollop so it doesn't matter if he swallows it. And it is better because of the fluoride, but that's also harmful if swallowed, so you have to be careful not to give too much (general recommendation is no more than a pea-size amount, we're just a little extra cautious), and be sure to teach them to spit.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Not too long ago, maybe a year? My son is 10.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My girl decided on her 5th b-day she was big and needed big toothpaste and a "real" toothbrush. So we let her pick some out and she's been using Augafresh for about 6 months now.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My daughter is 3 1/2 and still uses Oragel Training Toothpaste. I want to switch her soon but hadn't figured out which kind I want to switch her too. (a natural one for sure though)
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010