constipation..

I think that I might be constipated some what. Today i did not have a bowel movement. I been achy but i am also stretching. What do I do for this? Any suggestions? I already know about talking to my doctor and they said some stool softeners which i been using.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 10:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• fiber and water are what get things moving along... i had the same problem my whole first trimester trying to get regulated now that i'm almost in my 3rd i've started having the opposite problem haha go figure :)
    anyway, drink a big cup of water!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Try to just eat more fiber rich foods, which include green leafy veggies, fruit, prunes or raisins, oatmeal, eating All Bran cereal each morning will do wonders, that was one of the only things that helped me during my pregnancies.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• activia yogurt.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Fiber one bars - try just one first
    hzimmy

Answer by hzimmy at 10:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I drank 4 oz of prune juice everyday. even if I was constipated or not.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I used to drink the fiber drinks and eat prunes. The only pitfall about the prunes though is it made me super gasey so I was in more pain. The fiber drinks worked the best for me. Dates also are high in fiber.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• prunes or prune juice. bran muffins, molasses cookies to start to get things moving then after increase your fiber intake a bit with more veggies and high fiber cereal and dont forget to drink your fruit juice.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I take a daily probiotic and it helps tremendously. The one I take is specifically for pregnant and nursing mothers. It's a tasteless powder and I just add it to my water. Speaking of water make sure you're getting plenty of it. Eat lots of naturally fibrous foods, e.g. fruits, veggies, and whole grains.

Are you taking a prenatal/iron supplement? Iron supplements are a known constipator. Try taking your prenatal with a glass of oj, vitamin C helps aid in the absorption of iron.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• increase your water intake.. you can take Metamucil to stay regular..

if Colace isn't working, Milk of Magnesia will help you go pretty quick..
    Hearts_n_Stars

Answer by Hearts_n_Stars at 5:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• oh i am also 11 weeks pregnant
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010