How much water?

Didn't have a lot of time to go threw questions so here it is. How much water is okay to give my 6 month old girl? Sometimes after a feeding she wants a little more so I give her some water, after that she seems fine. I just don't wat to over do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked the same question and what I got was to not give a child under 12 months water period
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• agree with PP
    Anonymous

• Okay! Thank you! Now I will stop giving her water!
    tkerst

Answer by tkerst at 7:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I gave all three of my girls water occasionally when they were small, especially if we were out in very hot weather. However it is not nessesary since formula contains water already.
    gvnlyn

Answer by gvnlyn at 10:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Water is horrible for infants! It flushes the sodium out of their kidneys and can cause seizures. Never give a child under 1yr water.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Well good to know. My mother in law said that it was okay so I didn't really think of anything. Then I asked a nurse at a hospital and she said when she is about 6 or 7 months that it is okay but for some reason had a doubt and wanted to ask other moms. So thanks!
    tkerst

Answer by tkerst at 2:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2008