Any tips on how to manage it all?

We are getting ready for a quick weekend trip. It will be me, my husband, a 4 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, and an 8 month old. Since we are flying out on Friday and returning on Sunday, we are just doing carry-ons. We think we can manage with 1 smallish duffle bag and the diaper bag. The problem is we are also using car seats for the older 2 on the plane and will be gate checking the infant carrier. Any suggestions on how to make getting through the airport easier with only 2 adults?

mupt02

Asked by mupt02 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Travel

• Get help from an airport cart handler. They can help you throughout the entire airport, if I"m not mistaken.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Does your 4yo use a booster? If not, a booster might be easier for this trip.

Can you wear the 8mo until you get on the plane? That will leave your hands free for carrying things.

In lieu of the duffle do you have a backpack that will fit everything? Backpacks are much easier to carry than duffle bags which slip off your shoulder everytime you reach down to hold a kid's hand or pick up a dropped toy.

Have a safe trip!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 1:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• baby backpacks

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The 4 year old isn't big enough for a booster and since we need a car seat where we are going that won't work. Plus, from what I've read, booster seats cannot be used on planes. I can wear the 8 month old but we will still need to carry his infant carrier so taking him out almost creates more work. The backpack idea might work. I'll have to see what I can find. Thanks for the ideas.
    mupt02

Comment by mupt02 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ask for help upon arrival.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2010