Bed Bugs

Bed bugs have been making the news a lot lately. It's gotten me thinking about them with a couple of trips coming up. I've tried looking up information, but get a little bit of everything. Some people are completely paranoid and go to all extremes including burning all clothing after traveling while some say they are no big deal.

For those frequent travelers, are you paranoid about it? I've read that you should check out the hotel room before bringing anything in and I plan on doing that, but I'm not sure what all to check. Some places say just check the bed. Some say you need to check every piece of furniture, along all the baseboards, and pretty much everywhere. What would you do? Any suggestions, thoughts, anything? Thanks.

mupt02

Asked by mupt02 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Travel

• we have them in our appartment and you can check all you want but you wont see them. the only thing you will see is the bug bites in the morning.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Check the corners of the mattress in the crack! They are very nasty looking and black, my aunt had them in her house and they spread.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with jennifer588. You won't see them.

I don't worry about them. If we pick them up somewhere, it's gonna suck, but we'll deal with it when the time comes. Until then I'm not going to let paranoia run my life.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• they bite at dawn they can be in the beds baseboards carpet walls outlets but you aren't really going to fine them till they bit and most of the time its around dawn i know most of this cause i do work in a hotel and we have had a few rooms that this has happened to as much as i hate saying it but we did and a lot of hotels and motels are getting them cause of the heat
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• lysol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010