would you marry a man you've only known for a month?

Ladies I have a close friend in Washington DC, and she met this wealthy guy on eharmony.com a month ago, but that's besides the point. Their getting married already! They invited my boyfriend and myself up for a lobster brunch over the weekend, and he got down on one knee and proposed to her, it nearly blew me away. I'm happy for her, but at the same time I'm worried. This man is 10 years older than her, have two kids in college, and he's divorced. She is 30, no kids, a great career, and I really believe both of them are rushing into this too sudden. Should I talk to her about it, or just stay out of it? I really feel that she is looking at his wealth and not seriously thinking about what she's about to do. The guy was nothing but nice to us over the weekend, but I hate that they're both rushing to go down the altar, and by the way, his divorce was just finalized.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh oh. That doesn't sound good. I am always worried about people who rush into marriage and if she is marrying him for MONEY, it is the wrong reason. Wow. What a mess.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i would talk to her about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't. If this were my friend I'd be concerned too. But you have to be very careful bringing this up to her if you decide to. If there is any hint of judgment or criticism in your voice it will not go well and she will get defensive. Good luck.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• talk to her but be gentle she may not want to talk about it or take offense
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Exactly my point as well, but she feel that I don't want to see her happy, and I do, but this is not right. He already purchased her a 2010 BMW which she took me to the mall in over the weekend, I want to say go for it, but I want her to take her time and get to know this man. She is like a sister to me, we grew up together on the same street, and we always look out for one another. I just hope this does not backfire.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I don't think there is much u can do honestly..

I do agree its too soon. Although I have heard of people doing this and having successful lives together, so who knows.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'd personally stay out of it. She's an adult, old enough to make her own decisions. I know I personally wouldn't take kindly to a friend bringing up something like that.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What can you do really? Men at that stage is the pool I'm going for! Wish her well and offer her your couch should crap come from diamonds~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thanks guys for your advice, and I will stay out of it "FOR NOW". She is very happy, and so is he, and it may work, but it is just too soon, but you guys are right, most people do this everyday.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• recoommend a background check on him and police reports otherwise wish her the best
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010