about 12 weeks

Yesterday I noticed when I would stand up that there was sharp pain in my sides. I have had 2 other children already and don't remember this. Today when I stand up the pain is so sharp that it sometimes causes me to double over for just a few seconds. I am also real crampy, but it is more of a pulling feeling..not like a period cramp....What the heck is this and should I call in to the dr.?

ambernicole531

Asked by ambernicole531 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am 12w 2d and sometimes I get these cramps like running cramps. I got them with my other 2 babies as well. I would call the doc just to be on the safe side.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I remember the running cramps...who could forget that. But this is still different.
    ambernicole531

Comment by ambernicole531 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds like 'round ligament pain'. You're @ the perfect gestation for those to happen...I'm 27 wks and still dealing w it, sorry :) As long as theres no fluid leak or bleeding, in all honesty I think you're ok.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Round ligament pain esp if the right is worse then the left do pelvic rock exercises before bed like 20 and when you get up like 20 more
    also squat for about 10 minutes a day
    DO NOT take any NSAIDs like motrin or aleve
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It probably is just round ligament pain, but I would call your doctor, just to be safe.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree that it is most probably round ligament pain but you should probably mention it to your doctor. I had terrible pains, to the point that my doctor was checking to make sure I was dialating becuase the pains were so bad. Stretching out your right side will help. Also not walking for long spells is a good idea. The best thing that worked for me was visiting my chiropractor once a week. He kept my muscles stretched in my hip area. Good luck momma!
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 11:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds like round ligament pain. I didn't have that with my first but now I am 29 weeks pregnant with my 2nd it's killing me lol.!! I sleep with a pillow between my legs and it helps.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• sounds like round ligament pain to me...
    do some stretching (pre natal yoga is nice)
    low impact exercise (in the pool is my favorite), sleep with a pillow between your knees... get up slowly and if you feel the pain sit back down til it goes away
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010