His penis is red and inflamed

Just to clarify, we were both tested for STD's before you start jumping into this conclusion. Anyway, my SO is uncircumcised and has had a red, sore, inflamed penis. I have had no problems whatsoever. I'm lost. He has no insurance so I don't know what to do or think about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• If he is uncircumcised he is more likely to get an ifection there, He may need some antibiotics or so cream or something.. I would try to get into a clinic with the sliding fee scale that way you can pay like $12 and be able to get that checked out... he needs to
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If you use condoms, maybe he's allergic to the latex
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I really wish he would get circumcised. Not because of looks. I don't care about that but he's been complaining about this for at least a year. That's the whole reason why I chose to have our son circumcised.
    Anonymous

• I asked him if the condoms had anything to do with it but he swears its not that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• mmmm. Maybe you guys should get tested again. I did a google search for "red inflamed penis" and this is what came up: Balanitis means inflammation of the glans penis (the end of the penis). It can occur at any age. There are various causes which include: infection with candida (thrush), bacterial infections, sexually transmitted infections, skin irritation, and certain skin conditions. It usually clears with treatment. ---Maybe you should check out some sites.
    jadenember

Answer by jadenember at 7:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• being uncircumcised has nothing to with him having this problem or not but how clean he keeps it. i would do the research and wouldn't ask my husband through go to that pain. besides he probably has more sensation and length since it wasn't cut short. the lord made him as the perfect man.
    Anonymous

• When was the last time he was tested for STD??? Since you say he does not have insurance...
    Anonymous

• Not to dig into your personal life.. but that can also be a sign that he's been masturbating without lubrication. Its a VERY common occurrence for uncircumcised men that don't use a lotion or moisturizer while they do that. If it doesn't smell weird, there are no secretions, no sign of yeast... You may have a very simple answer.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It sounds like an irritation or infection of sorts. I agree with the PP.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• stds
    Anonymous