How old were your kids when they learned how to jump?

My son was around one when he got the concept of jumping... 18 months old when he got off the ground. (Or close to that age.) Now he's skipping and he's two. My friend's LO is one month older and cannot even jump. Is this odd or typical? She said that her daughter's doctor doesn't want to look into it until her daughter's five? I think more interventions can be done when they're younger. (One of her legs seem slightly longer than the other.) I know it's none of my business but I cannot help but be a bit concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter started jumping around 11months, a few weeks after walking. Was your friends daughter a late walker? and does she try to jump?
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yep around one too n she jumpped with two feet in the air
    13liz13

Answer by 13liz13 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• she didnt understand that jumping meant leaving the ground until she was almost 3.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my son jumped from the crib to the floor at 9 months,,,,lol, dont know if he jumped, but he made his way over his crib gate and into the wide, wide world,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my dd tries to jump but cant get her feet off the ground; she is 21 months old!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 10:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• 18 months
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 10:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My son has been bouncing on his feet since he could stand. I have no clue what age he started pulling himself up at, but it was a lot earlier then most kids. Very determined that boy is. He can jump off the ground now at 22 months, but he really started doing it at maybe 20 months. That's when I started noticing it at least.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My oldest son (now 4) didn't learn to jump until he was almost 2. No two kids are the same.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 10:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My oldest dd didn't figure out how to jump until she was like 3 1/2 and couldn't skip until she was in kindergarten. She had some issues with motor skills. She was still crawling up stairs at 3 instead of walking up them. My youngest dd was the opposite. I think she was jumping by 18 months and standing on one foot at 2 1/2. She's done almost everything ahead of the game as she tries to keep up with her older siblings. Sometimes I forget she is only 4 because she does stuff that most 6 year olds do.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my sons were 18 months
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2010