Need some decorating tips.

We are moving in two weeks (YAY!!!!!) and I want to decorate my almost 2 year old daughters room. We are tight on money so I don't want to do anything big or expensive. I want to leave the walls white for now. All she really has for her room is her crib, a dresser, and her toy box. Any ideas from you creative and thrify moms?

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Depends on your budget and what look you are going for. You can always make over the current furniture. (paint, vinyl, etc) You can build your own creative shadowbox shelves and position them in a pattern on the wall. You can get some vinyl cutouts and place them on the wall for designs. (check on Craigslist for people who have cutters, they are usually cheaper than a craft or retail store) You can pick up some wood letters at your local craft store (or again, CL or Ebay..) Then you can apply matching vinyl or wallpaper to them for color. If they have layers then apply to the top flat portion after you paint the letters whatever background color. It can be for a name or phrase, such as the line of a nursery rhyme or little princess/prince...whatever. you can make matching wood frames like that as well. shadow boxes (like the kind you get at joannes) are always great, and you can use one of their 50 perfect coupons...
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I saw at Target they carry the vinyl phrases. Really cool. Think outside the box. My son loved Dale Earnhardt when he was little so I got a hold of this big yard sign of the car. It was literally for the yard. I unscrewed the car and mounted it on the wall! In 2001 it became the most depressing room, but it ROCKED for a while. Pick a theme she will like for years. My other sons room was Safari and 10 years later, it is still the Safari room but my little guy is in there now. Timeless!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010