Need some decorating tips.

We are moving in two weeks (YAY!!!!!) and I want to decorate my almost 2 year old daughters room. We are tight on money so I don't want to do anything big or expensive. I want to leave the walls white for now. All she really has for her room is her crib, a dresser, and her toy box. Any ideas from you creative and thrify moms?

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got reusible wall clingys from walmart and put them on my kids walls.Also I got fabric and made my own curtains.  What is your daughter into?

Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• paint is really the cheapest way to give a room a lift. I like toddler rooms down low to the ground with an adult place for reading maybe.
    I did a map theme with laminated wall maps from raven.com~not thrifty enough though~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ravenmaps.com~i like a map light blue
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Can you provide some more info? How many windows in her room?
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You could get a really pretty set of sheets (depending on the number of windows would determine what size and how many you need) to go along with whatever blanket you have in her crib, cut the sheet in half get some himming tape fold it over at the top and up have curtains....Take a pictures of her face, hands (holding a toy) blow them up (black and white) put in pretty colored frames..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You could always change the knobs on the dresser...Look around the house for things that you could decorate the walls with(.pretty plates)...you could get an vine with flowers on it and staple to the wall as if there was a vine going up it..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• paint is really the the way to go for sprucing up a room. You could go to a craft store and buy stencils. They have easy ones like butterflies and ivy. You can also always find craft paint for cheap. I did my neices room for <$20. I bought a stencil for like $5, and then green, yellow and purple craft paint. I also bought a cheap sponge stencil brush and 2 yards of fabric for the curtains. If you can't sew you could use some of the hemming tape that you just iron on.
    Good luck!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010