How NOT to lose a Guy in 10 days!

I have started talking to this guy, and although I am not head over heels enamored with him yet.. he's really nice, and I'd like to actually keep him around, even if it is just for casual company. I'm a real goof with boys though. I didn't date a lot growing up [strict parents] so I'm still learning the dos & dont's at a pretty late age. I know to just be myself... not be clingy.. etc etc.. but still anyone have any good advice they have learned after their dating experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't be too serious. Be friends first. Even if it doesn't work out into a relationship, you will have gained a friend.
    2kids2love4ever

Answer by 2kids2love4ever at 7:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• get to know this person, and what ever you do don't get drunk and act stupid, lol (and tell him everything) bad thing, I did that last year, lost his friendship even
    hotmamma_79

Answer by hotmamma_79 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• accepting him for who he is. never try to change the way they look, their jobs or who their friends are. that just makes them feel like you don't like them for who they are and never nag at him. don't expect to much either cause if they don't meet your needs then they are not the one for you. you can't ask them to change. let him be him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Just be yourself. That works better than any advice from us.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If you are yourself, and it works, then he is the right kind of guy for you. If you are yourself, and it doesn't work, then he wasn't the right kind of guy for you. If you are not yourself, and you keep him, them you are not being honest with either one of you. And then neither of you will be happy.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 9:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008