Do you walk your dog regularly?

morning and night?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 11:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pets

• I go out several times a day, we do a nice night time walk too. I love to be with my pets! They never care what I wear or judge me. I always let them choose which way we will go too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No.....she does her "business" in our fernced in yard. But, daily, i take her for walks just because she enjoys trhem.....plus, she's esdcvaped several times and crossed the streret maniacally. When we wewnt naftwer bher, she thougffht nit waws a game, so on our walks we takew the same path (withOUT crossing the street, just to mget her used to safety.

Cheryl
    Supe68

Answer by Supe68 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We walk ours on a lead because we have to... Our neighbor put up a barbwire fence and our male Shepherd went through it running after a rabblt. We live in the country and used to let him run around the yard when we were out with him, but can't now because of the fence... He has 6 staples in his chest for another 10 days. Our other Shepherd doesn't know when to stop so we have to keep her on a lead. She's also 13 yrs old and doesn't stay out long...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We have to take him out because we live in a condo with not much yard (basically a patio). I enjoy it too. I'd say he goes out about 4 to 5 times a day.
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No. We have a doggie do to a large fenced dog run (as big as some people's yard). We have an even larger fenced yard and a pool for swimming. When my large dog died from cancer I got a 9 pound poodle and 3 pound Chihuahua and between running around the house, the dog run, the yard, swimming, playing with each other, and running from my toddler grandson they get lots of exercise. They get to go on car rides and we visit one neighbor's cats and another neighbor's Chihuahuas. My granddog comes to visit. We have stairs to get up on the bed and couch. They have a very tough life!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• most of the time i do...during the school year if im not working, i will walk my daughter to school (with the dogs) then we continue walking for another hour or so...but if i am not able to do that, then after supper, we all go to the park, and they run around there..i wish i had time to take them out more..but..when i work its either 5am-130pm..or 6pm-1030pm..and when i do the 5am, i come home at 145, pick up daughter from school at 230, home by 3, then i have to do laundry, cook dinner etc. help her with homework, and if theres time we go out....and again, if its raining we wont go...and it rains alot here...soooooo..i try..just doesnt always work out...however, we do have a very large backyard, and they have free range of it allllll the time..so..all is good for my 3 dogs!! (1 golden retriever, 2 maltipoo x shihtzus)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My dog likes walks but would rather get her exercise with a good game of fetch. She loves to chase her ball! She'll wear herself out chasing that ball and be barely able to walk, but she'll continue to chase it. We don't go on walks everyday, but we do take them fairly often.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I personally take my dog outside multiple times a day to use the bathroom. We have a little path in front of the house we walk back and forth. I can't take her on proper walks until my husband gets home, so we just mosey around the house for a little while.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We have about 3/4 of an acre fenced in and they go out there several times/day to do their business and/or run/play. When it cools down, I will start walking them around the neighborhood (about a mile round trip) again.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No. We have a gigantic yard so I let them out throughout the day to let them run around and do their business. One of my dogs is 13 years old and she's too old and crabby to go out for walks. Plus she can't take this horrible heat that we've got going on in FL.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010