16 year old has a Fibroadenoma. Should I remove??

my sixteen year old daughter found a lump in her right breast.. in taking her to the doctor and a biopsy done, we found out it was a benign fibroadenoma....They want it removed. what should I do? Anyone experience this before please let me know outcome, very confused about what to do at this point.

mybabyjr

Asked by mybabyjr at 11:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would say if it isn't bothering her leave it alone. If it is bothering it her then talk to her and her doctor about removal.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get another opinion. I've had them and done nothing and they went away on their own.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get a second and third opinion.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Please listen to your doctor. If you don't have it done soon then you are risking your daughters life.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It will just keep on growing, like when she gets pregnant, etc. When it is still small it can be removed by laser, but if it gets large she will need a lumpectomy. Get it done while you're ahead.
    candra186

Answer by candra186 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010