How has McCain's V.P. pick influenced your vote?

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not a republican...but when i first heard McCain speak, I was very impressed...and I remember thinking to myself, this man is a great candidate (whether republican or democrat)...he seemed to speak with honestly and assurance...BUT WHEN I LEARNED THAT HE PICK PALIN FOR PRESIDENT, I BECAME VERY DISAPPOINTED...and i remember thinking to myself...i guess i was wrong, he is JUST LIKE THE OTHER POLITICIANS...I don't know people act like they don't know that he picked Palin as a POWER MOVE...and NOT because she was the best candidate to be VP.....I REALLY WISH HE WOULD HAVE PICKED SOMEONE ELSE...HE MAY HAVE GOTTEN MY VOTE
    Sofie-Fatale

Answer by Sofie-Fatale at 7:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I didn't like either of the candidates until he picked Palin. I decided at that point that I would vote for McCain. Regardless of the outcome of the race, I wll be watching the future of Palin because she is a woman I relate to more than any other woman in public life.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I honestly think people wouldn't like her if she was a man.

I was going to vote for Obama before they picked their VPs and I'm still supporting Obama.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It made me more sore of my decision to vote for Obama. He only chose her because he assumes that most women are morons and will vote for anyone with a uterus, mainly Clinton supporters. I was a Clinton supporter, however I am not a moron so it didn't work on me. Nice try McCain. It's too bad that women will prove him right by voting for him just because of her though.
    Ellen523

Answer by Ellen523 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was leaning towards McCain before he picked Palin. I do not agree with a lot of her conservative ways and I think that she will heavily influence his decisions. I also don't like the fact that McCain did this for the obvious reasons...to get the the woman vote (ones that do not vote on the issues) and the fact that she wants to "drill, baby drill". There has to be limits.

logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Because tht VP has the possible potential to be the President in the case of death. I was leaning for McCain, the first time for a Republican choice for me, but Palin blew it. I like the fact that she is a woman, but she is the wrong woman (IMO she totally lacks experience and is not nearly in the same boat as Obama so don't go there with me please). I just cannot agree with her views and her lack of public knowledge. I just can't vote for their ticket because of her potential position as President in the case of McCain's untimely death.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• A woman shouldnt be in that position and because of that I vote Obama .. I dont want something to happen to mccain and then she is the freakin president No thank you
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think that the fact McCain picked Palin was a sneaky manipulative move. He is just picked a female to try and get Hilarys vote as well as the other feminist votes. It just goes to show you what a smuck he is!!!
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Obama all the way...McCain made me dislike him even more after Palin.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was already going to vote for Obama, but after Palin got chosen for McCain's running mate, I started volunteering very actively for the Obama campaign. With the possibility of that woman, whose views are totally opposite of mine, and who is totally unqualified, becoming president, I felt a duty to do more than just vote!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 9:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008