Booster seat?

I have a 2 year old DD. Her car seat has been recalled and now we are at a delema, we have boughten 2 carseats since she has been born and we just cant drop so much money into fancy carseats. My DD is over 3 feet tall which in most cases is okay for a booster seat. She is just shy of 30 lbs. I was thinking we could be pratical and just by a high back booster seat so she could use it and grow into it, hoping it be the last seat we have to buy. Ever been in this position before or any thoughts. Would it be safe any other moms who opted for a booster for a very tall 2 year old? Not sure what to do. I just want to be done with the CarSeats!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• At 2 mine were still in a carseat, i wouldn't put her in a booster until she is a little older but if her car seat was recalled all you have to do is take it back to the store where you bought it from and they will give you a new car seat.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i dont think your suppose to put them in a booster seat until 4 and older
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 7:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• mine is three and still in a car seat. i think my oldest was four when we got him a booster seat. if you take it bact to the store you bought it from, or call the company and let them know you have a recalled car seat they will usually have you send them the car seat and then give you a refund for what you spent on it. hope this helps
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 7:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My dd is 2 1/2 and has two different boosters. One has the five point harnes and can be removed and used with the car's seat belt and the other is just the bottom that uses the car's seat belt. She does well in both. She was just shy of 3ft and 30lbs when we put her in the bottom only one. We've been using it for about 9 1/2 months and sometimes she would rather sit in it then her other car seat, because then she is a "Big Girl". I would also try taking the old one back and get a new one. If that doesn't work then i guess the booster seat will have to do.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 8:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My grandson is 4 1/2 and still in a 5 point harness carseat in my truck. When in DH's car he is in a highback booster. The carseat is by far the safest place for him. I've been in your situation and it really stinks..but you really just have to suck it up and make the best choice for the child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was always told they had to be 4 years old and 40 pounds or up. But they have to reach both requirements.
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I've gone by my booster seat requirements that say they have to be 3, 36 inches and 30lbs. Well, I say I have, but my daughter is a week shy of three, meets the height requirement, but is only 27lbs and she has been in it for a week or so already.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• She really needs a 5-point harness for many more years. I would look into the Apex65, if your car has head rests. Or the Graco Nautilus. The Nautilus will keep her harnessed to 65lbs, and then in a belt positioning booster to 100lbs. It is absolutely the last seat she will need.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 8:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008