This guy....I dont know if I can trust him...

ok so i am really diggin this guy i met at a friends house a few weeks ago. and he is really diggin me. but see...we met and talked for a week then met again at a party and well....we hooked up. turns out though that he actually had a girlfriend the night of the party. he, and a mutual friend, both say it was 'nothing serious' and he said he broke it off with her the next time he saw her. so he is single and always texting me about whats going on, asks about my school and daughter and my art....and he seems like a very genuine guy. but i keep thinking he is at some party screwing some girl the same way he did me. we arent exclusive or anything so he wouldnt be doing any wrong right now, but if things did get serious i dont know how i could trust him not to cheat on me after being the one he cheated with. whats the saying? once a cheater, always a cheater? just how far does that saying go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't look too far into it until you get to know him better. Who knows what the situation was before, IDK I know some would disagree, but I would wait and see how it goes...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• People can change when they find someone worth changing for, Just keep that in mind and don't dive into anything too fast. Good Luck:)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just relax, you know>?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What good and genuine guy would hook-up with you, knowing he is also with someone else. Why didnt he wait to break it off with her first?! Thats the question. I think you owe it to your daughter to wait.
    Filipanko

Answer by Filipanko at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Take your time now I hope he wasn't lying about breaking up with her.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He was going with her and had sex with u while she was there. Leave him alone because he will do it to u.Oh hell no he is very disrespectful!!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This is the way I personally would look at it, think if I were in your shoes.

I would not worry about "what if's".. The relationship is not serious at this point. So worrying about those what if's would just be me spinning my wheels and causing myself unneeded worry and stress. IF the relationship progressed to the point that we had become exclusive and serious. I would hope that we would have gotten to know each other well enough, and developed a relationship to the point that he would have either earned my trust.. In which the relationship would continue to progress....... Or........ he would have shown himself to be untrust worthy .. In which case, the relationship would end if I were looking for a serious committed relationship.

Until one of the two things above has happened. It wouldn't be something I would waste time and energy worrying about our wondering.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Trust your instincts. When in doubt go without.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• eh, i would lose interest especially after what he did. how genuine can he be when he screwed you KNOWING he had a girlfriend... you are a mom and you dont have time for douchebag guys. keep it moving and try to find decent guys outside of the party scene
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well... i've been in similar situations and sounds like he is genuinely interested in you. whether or not he is interested in a monogamous relationship will remain to be seen. just take it slow and ask the questions you need to ask when the time is right.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2010