wearing snug/tight jeans hurts the growing baby?

im in an all womans support group i attend every week. It came up in group that Im pregnant. this woman looks at me all shocked... said 'and your still wearing jeans?' im like yea but their alittle tight...her jaw drops says tight jeans hurt the baby and i shouldnt wear them... im all confused, said i dont think so this other lady asked how another one said its ridiculace...i spoke up and said 'im not ready for maternity pants, my next step is the rubber band trick' everyone was laughing...Did the lady speak fact or fiction, bc i thought maternity pants were for mamas comfort?

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Girl as long as the jeans fit, lol....

All kidding aside, when you feel they are uncomfortable then thats when you should start the rubber band, then if you want maternity pants go that route. But they make this thing called a BeBand, its for ladies that can still wear their normal everyday pants, but can't button them. I bought mine at Target and love it! I will be 20 weeks this weekend and just started showing. I bought the BeBand and now I can still wear my normal jeans and not have to worry about buying a crap load of maternity jeans that I am only gonng be wearing for a little while.

Congrats on the pregnancy!
    jking48444

Answer by jking48444 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• LMAO! of course not! baby is surrounded by plenty of fluid and stuff.

You would know it if you were dangerously cutting off circulation!

I did the hair tie trick too :o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It's not good to restrict blood flow to your legs.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I really don't know. But I know I did wear my jeans until they didn't fit at all anymore and I also used a hair tie to hold them together when I couldn't button them anymore...lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i wore my jeans till it was uncomfy then i did band trick n now at 15 weeks im jus n stretchy pants, im oly 5 ft so im short n oly way my belly has to go is out since im not tall....soo my pants startin not fittin pretty quick!....i think that if ur havin to suck in to button ur pants then its def time to upgrade...but if u can fasten em fine then ur ok i think.....jus dont force to button!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 12:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• as long as your pants aren't ridiculously tight, then no harm.. i walked around in my jeans til i was 6 months along.. i could no longer button them, so it was time to switch.. i wear sweats or yoga pants, with the elastic part rolled under my 33 week belly..
    Hearts_n_Stars

Answer by Hearts_n_Stars at 5:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I really don't know to be honest. But I'm 29 weeks pregnant and just now bought maternity jeans lol. I was using my regular jeans and then started with unbuttoning the top button then the rubber band thing then I bought the bella band and now maternity jeans lol.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010