Do you let your boys play with guns that look real, or even just fake guns in general? Personally I hate seeing it, but of course its not my biz to deal with, Im just wondering how you feel about it?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't let my son play with toy guns,knives or anything that resembles something dangerous. I think it just promotes violence...But that is JMO
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No, I don't like them
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Nope. I don't buy them guns and they aren't really allowed to play any shooting games. I understand that boys will find things and make them into guns by themselves, but I don't have to foster a love for shooting and killing things.
    My boys sometimes play fight guns, but not everyday and not even very often.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i think its the parenting that allows boys/girls to think violence is ok. NOT the toy, or video game. If you are activly involved with your kids, then there is nothing to worry about.
    real is real-fake is fake.
    JMO
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My daughters were outside today playing with the little girl down stairs and her brother came out and started playing shooting games with his two huge riffle looking guns. They looked real. I was like wth? I went out there and told my girls that they know how I feel about playing with play guns. They were upset with me but I dont like it plain and simple. My daughters later told me that the mom was in her door way and rolled her eyes. What ever lol
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• again-its parents who teach their kids, boys or girls-what is real and what is fake....
    it isnt up to toys to provide parenting-its up to us.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just wondering why you repeated yourself?
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i guess its a preference, my sons got a few toy guns but he rarely plays with them and if he does, then its playing cowboys and indians with his dad, and we have taught him that real weapons are harmful and are not to be messed with.
    spiffina

Answer by spiffina at 11:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• see thats my issue. What if a child was to ever see a real gun that looks just like their toy at home? Its just scary, call me crazy...but it can surely happen!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Bearsjen... I totally get what you are saying, BUT a lot of times the kids I see playing violently with fake guns are kids that have parents that are not involved and teaching them about what is real and what is not.
    Obviously I am not talking about all kids and or their parents that let their kids play with guns. So don't jump all over me...general you... not you bearsjen.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010