Am I a bad mom because I haven't taken my 2 year old to the park in awhile?

In the mornings, I am too tired to even THINK about leaving the house, let alone going to the park. In the afternoons, I usually like to get my errands done (we have to take a bus so that eats up a lot of our free time). She is an only child, and she doesn't have any little friends her age. Am I setting her up for a life of loneliness (by not going to the park, NOT because she is an only child!!)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• yea i have to agree, plus my sons 6 and we hardly ever go to a park either, but we do enough at home plus when i need groceriesour son and i walk to corner store and get things so, with us we have to taxi everywhere if we have go farther into town gets too expensive to do that all day.

just make sure she has fun things to do at home. or take walks around your neighborhood and find things...interesting
    spiffina

Answer by spiffina at 12:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you are keeping her entertained in other ways, then I wouldn't worry about it. Even before we got our son his swingset we hardly ever took him to the park. The only ones I like (they are cushioned with rubber) to take him to are completely on the other side of town, so unless I have a reason to be over there we're not going.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No you are not a bad mom. I have a park right down the street and we only make it like once every week and a half. He does have play dates though. I think it would be a lot easier for you to find the time if you planned ahead. Say like next Thursday you will make that afternoon all about the park. Get all the errands done the day before or the day after. You are not a bad mom, but you should still make some time for that. :) You will have fun just watching her have fun.
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• NO, not IMO anyway.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't know what state you are from, but with the heat we have been having lately, you're both better off inside than to get heat exhaustion. As long as you do some activities together, and other things. Nothing is wrong with that.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• in agreement with the other ladies...just do sum indoor activities and she will be fine...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no....if that makes you a bad mommy I hate to see what it makes me. I don't drive so I always have to wait for DH, but by the time he gets home he is to tired and the only day he gets off work is Sundays. I hate to say it, but my 2.5 year old has never been to the park. So I don't think you are bad mommy
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If she is happy and content than I think you're fine. If she is getting into trouble constantly and driving you crazy, then yes, take her to the park. That's what I have to do with my son because he needs to burn off that extra energy. But honestly, with the heat we've been having, I'd rather poke my own eyeballs out than go to the park. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010