Would you let your 14 year old daughter hang out with a 17 year old boy

I know the boy and his gardian im actually best friends with his gardian, and they've hung out before but i found out that she lost her virginity this summer which is a whole differnt topic. But she didnt loose it to him, but she says their "just friends" So what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i would under my supervision but not to go off alone,but thats me
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 7:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• ooo i dont know it depends on how much you trust her cuz i am 18 and i know that i had friends that were boys and they were just friends but when i lost my virginity well i was raped i went wild with all of them..so idk..it really depends on how much you trust her and him....if my daughter was to want to i wouldnt cuz i have been there done that
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was once the girl that hung out with the older guys. I didnt have sex until I was 18, but everyone thought I had. I had crushes on some of they guys, they were friends of my best friends older brother, they let us hang out with them. I would say if you trust her and him set rules and let them hang out he might be a good influence on her. I would have had sex before I turned 18 but the older guys I hung out with made it a point to say things like " girls should wait to be alittle older" and " no guy wanted to be with a baby" of course times have changed and so have boys. Unfortunately 14 isn't that young today. I hope this has helped in some way. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Lol, that's how old I was when I met my babies daddy. But I wasn't a virgin...... =//
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 8:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would not....unless the boy is gay. I guess I would be asking what the 17yr old is getting out of a friendship with a 14yr old girl. Big difference in life experience, likes, dislikes. Ask any man....he will tell you that from the time of puberty a man is always thinking of ways to have sex. Heck most of them will tell you they got into the career they are in because they thought they could meet girls that way.
    Anonymous

• Under what circumstances ? Because basically what do they have in common? whay do they want to spend time together at such age differences? Yes you want to keep the relationship well with your child and being trustworthy but really why so they want to hang out ? Just my opinion !
    godsgirl789

Answer by godsgirl789 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would supervise her but let her hang out. You figure she will either do it and you know about it or behind your back. Have them hang out at your house supervised.
    Anonymous

• I say no. 2 years thats my limit. Why promote problems or trouble. At any teenage age you can have sexual issues and problems. But why bring it on home. Susan 262
    Susan262

Answer by Susan262 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I don't like the idea of my daughter hanging out with a 17yr old boy but there are a lot of things in this world I dont' like and really good friends are hard to come by. I would probably find out what it is that makes them want to hang out together and let them know your concerns. They are at an age where some straight talk might be what's needed. If you are concerned about them having sex you could find out what the age limits are on statutory rape for your state and let them know that it could be illegal for them to have that type of a relationship. There might not be a wrong or a right in this instance because whatever you decide you could get good or bad results. I think if you spoke to your daughter about your concerns and put some limits on the relationship you would have good results.
    TheWilds

Answer by TheWilds at 10:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Its too much of an age difference in my opinion to let them hang out.They really don't have that much in common,friends, doing things, etc.But you are the Mom, its up to you
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2008