ok I am thinking about having a tummy tuck well .. I was talking to my husband about it . Well I need a lil lipo. My husband says well you should get lipo on your neck and your back on your arms too.....WTF He says I am just saying get it all done at once... My feelings are hurt. What do you ladys think is he just being a guy or does he see that many flaws...

Liz003

Asked by Liz003 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think he is exaggerating to get your attention b/c he thinks you are exaggerating. He likes you the way you are.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• IMO if you didn't want your feelings to get hurt you shouldn't have brought it up with your DH.I don't know if he was serious or not but men aren't really known for their sensitivity in the area of weight issues.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• he's just being a guy...his point is just get it done @ once then you wont have to go back or since you gettin work done then do it all @ once...i really dont think he's bashin on u...he's ur hubby and he knew ur body would change just as you know his will...so dont let ur feelings be hurt talk to him more...do ur research and dont just let anybody be cuttin on ya...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Um, if he was being serious then he was being insensitive. I like for my husband to tell me if he thinks I am gaining weight, but most girls do not like that, lol. But I'm pretty sure I would not want him naming off a million areas where he thinks I should get lipo.
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i don't know...why don't you ask him....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• he is probably just pointing out what you think is wrong already. i doubt he thinks you need any work done.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• um..have you mentioned that you want it in those areas? if so then he's just being a guy, and it's true, get it all done at once. if not, then he's being insensitive. however, like a pp said, he could be kidding, and really thinking you're taking this too far. it could be taken in so many different ways...lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Why are you asking us? You should be asking him. You know him best, is he the type of man who just blurts out stupid s... without thinking? how did he react when he saw how you reacted? did you make it clear that you wanted an honest answer to your question? This is hard to read. I have always been 100% honest with my SO and have made it abundantly clear that I want him to be the same with me ( YES, even if he thinks or knows it will hurt my feelings). I have always been very honest with him to the point that I have made him cry more than once but that happens when you tell people the truth sometimes.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Men are crazy
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I just think he is being honest. Yes, it hurts (been there done that) but you put it out there. Would you rather him lie to you? And I agree w/ truthteller...ASK HIM. You should be talking to him. And trust me I know how badly it stings. A few years ago my hubby & I were having problems (rarely even having sex). I asked him one night if my weight was part of the problem....it took him a minute to answer but he said "yes". That broke my heart, but I asked & wanted his honesty. I was hurt, but not mad.
    eblstanford

Answer by eblstanford at 12:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010