Did you regret when your child started walking?

I'm looking forward to DS walking, but other moms always tell me, "Don't say that! Once he walks you'll wish he didn't!" They said the same thing about him crawling, but I love him crawling! He's so much happier, and I think he will be more-so when he walks. I love each new phase and the blossoming of his littler personality!

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 12:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely not! We were told our daughter might never be able to sit up, crawl, walk, see, hear, learn, talk, etc. so when she did all those things right on schedule, we were ecstatic!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no, he was so cranky and seemed frustrated when he wasnt able to get around and seemed so much happier when he was able to do things for himself...i loved it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have heard A LOT of moms say that too, but that was one of proudest mommy moments!! I think moms say that jokingly but I am a pretty serious person, so I never really understood why a proud mom would even joke about such a thing. But, we are all different!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I heard that all the time... I thought they were all nuts and I still do. I don't know why anyone would say something like that, it just makes no sense. Of course I was happy when they started to walk. Did they get in to more stuff? Sure. But at the same time I got the freedom of having two arms back... So it's a trade I was willing to make!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No I like seeing her accomplish something
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• wuth my oldest no she was the best baby. I always said she made parenting easy lol. She took herself off a bottle at 9 months, took herself off a paci at 2 weeks, started crawling at 5 months and walking at 8.5 months. She was potty trained at 19 months and now at 5 she just learned how to ride her bike 2 weeks before her 5th birthday with no training wheels by herself in one day lol took her from 10am until 7pm she was riding it by 7. She learned how to tie her shoe a week before her bike it took a half hour so she made paretning very easy she hardly ever got into things so with her no I don't regret it, but my 2.5 year old you bet ya lol. Ph my gosh she is into everything and I do mean everything and she climbs on everything so I don't have time to sit with her lol. I barely can clean cause if I clean she is into something in the other room lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• A lot of people said that to me. I think they are referring to the fact that they are faster when they can walk and eventually they learn how to run. Plus they can get into things that they couldn't before. I have never had any problem with my kids walking. It is actually easier for me when they can walk on their own.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No i think it is so cute!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No I didn't. I was looking forward to it. I like seeing her run. She runs funny.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010