My 21 month old woke up from her nap cross-eyed?

She has done this one other time when she was tired but it corrected itself quickly. Now its been an hour and she is still holding her eyes "off", she's having problems reaching for things correctly (she keeps missing)... has anyone experienced this? It's worrying me. I will call her doctor first thing Monday.. I was just looking for other parents feedback.

Serafyna

Asked by Serafyna at 8:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is her eye muscles working separately rather then together. Try getting her to watch your finger as you move it around....that should help. Take her to an eye doctor, might be something that she will outgrow. Nothing serious if she does not...most of the time you can correct it with eye exercises. The earlier you catch it...the easier it is to fix. :)
    Blessings and Smiles!
    Sherry
    www.SpiritualGiftedPsychic.com
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 8:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I had the same problem but needed surgery. I was 3 and now at 24 I don't even need glasses or contacts! That doesnt mean that thats what she has though. Just go to a good eye doctor and theyll know right away. Maybe shell just need glasses for a little while....or maybe not! Good Luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008