At what age should your son stop seeing you undressed?

My son is 29 months old and I am feeling like I should'nt allow him to see me undressed anymore. Am I over reacting?

MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 8:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Mine is 4 and he doest pay any attention. It is a hard habbit to break when you are a stay at home mom. And your kids are always up your butt!!! But I need to stop. And I would say when they start asking questions. Then I would stop.
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I stopped dressing in front of my son when he started stairing, it kinda wierded me out I think he was around 2 1/2.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have been wondering the same thing and my son is 3!!! he never pays attention when i do dress in front of him so iv never thought much of it. But there must be some time when it would be inapropriate...
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• When they say "eewww Mom!" hahaha... I have 3 sons, age 3, 8, and 13. The 3 year old still sees, the 8 year old will avert and run, the 13 yr old checks verbally before entering in my room if I am decent. I think it's funny. I am very relaxed about these things.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was wondering that too. My son is 25 months and I still shower with him once in a while. it's just easier sometimes to throw us both in there real fast. He doesn't pay attention he just cares about the soap and washing himself. Also I like to sleep naked and he crawls in bed at 6 am everymorning. Kids don't think of nakedness as a sexual thing.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• At 2 1/2 I think its overkill. I mean they don't really know what is what quiet yet I don't think. To them its all very innocent. Probably when they start Kindergarten...when mine starts I will not casually undress in front of him.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 10:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would say by three they probably shouldn't see you naked anymore. You don't want that to be your sons first memory. lol
    Anonymous

• Most states require by the age of two.. Because then it is sexual assault on a minor..
    Anonymous

• I dont know I guess it really depends on the situation and the comfort levels. I'd say 3 ish probably... however.... by three are you going to have him showering? or are you going to do the whole "wear you're bathing suit" thing when you teach him how to use the shower... there are many different things to consider......when deciding that factor. If you'd really feel more comfortable not dressing in front of him I'd say stop..... but on the same token if it really doesn't bother you that much right now.. he's still young yet.. and probably doesn't know the difference.
    AMaesmama

Answer by AMaesmama at 2:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008