Needle stick virgin...

So I'm aiming to work in the healthcare industry, & this week we are practicing giving injections on each other. Now I don't mind being the victim for other people, if they'll be mine. lol! But I am soooooooooooooo nervous about sticking someone else in the arm/leg/vein....
I'm NOT scared of needles, I can do finger sticks & blood tests. Its just this initial fear of sticking someone else for the first time! hahaha! (dirrty) how do I get over this quick? Just suck it up & do it???

Ellie19

Asked by Ellie19 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Awwwww, you can do it. Just hold your breath, don't think of the person - think of the anatomy so you can envision the vein you need to stick and be able to hold the needle at the correct angle, then just do it. Release your breath.
    I remember my first time and after I did it I laughed and said, "what was I so worried about?" It was the easiest thing to do after that and you get even better with practice. :)
    Congrats to you!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• With Practice you will get better and less nervous
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 1:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• oh yes!!!!! I am going for my RN and that is my biggest nerve too! I am freaking out about hurting someone- I dont want to be "that" nurse in training that has to stick someone 10 times!!!!!LOL GL hun!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can do it after while u will be like man I got this.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• kind of just run into it as fast as possible - dont let yourself go last like you know? be brave you will be okay!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I just thought of this yesterday, weird. I suppose if you know that they are getting the tests for a good reason, it's important to keep the reasons of doing this job, for all those good , (or not good) results. They need you about as much as you do them. So it's equal necessity. : )
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010