Is it safest for a carseat to be tethered?

My son is ERF in a britax roundabout. Is it safest tethered? Or should I untether it? I feel like it should maybe have some rebound and ability to move a bit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It should not move more than inch either way when it's in securely. The instructions on the carseat will tell you how to install it. If it says to tether it, then you need to keep it tethered.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You should tether it... it's an added safety feature that not many rear facing seats have. You don't want the tether to be tight (like pulling the seat down) just attach it and pull out the slack.

And for other readers.... a forward seat should ALWAYS be tethered.... but for rear facing, only 2 seats allow it.... Britax and Sunshine kids (you shouldn't tether any other seats RF)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010