I'm a young mom and I need some advice...

I am 22, and I have 2 kids. I am currently living in a family members home, where my kids do not have their own room. I have 2 girls (3 year, 9 months). I do not make alot, but I could get an apartment and scrape by. I feel like my girls deserve to have the structure and security of their own place, but don't wanna get into something I can't handle. Do I go for it??

I am in school, so I'm working towards bettering myself, and I do work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think people adjust
    so if you move up and out you will adjust
    Go for it
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:19 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• that sounds like my situation.... i live with my parents.. i only have 19 credits left now! i really feel the same way that you do.. i could get a good job and scrape by but i want more for my children. my mother agrees i should do the best i can and is there for me... i would say stay and save as much as you can.. so you can give your children the best
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I say if you can then yeah go for it.You'll probably like it so much better having your own place. I know it sucks having to live in someone elses home when you have kids so Good luck girly and I hope everything works out for you :)
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 2:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• IT's a tough situation to be in... Do you get along well with this family member that you are staying with? If yes, then I don't see a problem.. At this age kids don't really NEED their own space yet, and their home is where their mom is. But if you are not getting along too well, I'd move out just so I can be out of that unhealthy situation. You can save and if possible, get some additional income by .. I dunno babysitting other kids on weekends, knitting and selling baby hats, selling Mary Kay... whatever to help you meet the ends.
    go_romanovs

Answer by go_romanovs at 2:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• hang in there thing will work out 4 the better i will say stay 4 now u will know when it time
    momromtheheart

Answer by momromtheheart at 2:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think you should stay where you are until you are done with school. Having the support of family while you need to spend your time studying and working is what is best for your babies. Good luck, I know it must be hard to live in a place that you can't really call your own. But, you are working on bettering yourself so you can provide for them in the future. This is the sacrifice that you make now so that your future will be better. Good for you for working so hard on your future!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• wait till you finish school and get a job you will need first and last months rent all the other things you will need for the apartment and when your ready then go for it good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Stay and save money, plus you have the support of family by being there. It will pay off in long run. Good luck!
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would live with the family member until you were done with school, then once you get a better job move out. Scraping by in their own place is not what your children need. It's better to have that extra cushion encase something happens...
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If things are going well with the family you're staying with, I would wait it out until you are finished with school.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010