• In the Spotlight:

sleep

my baby girl will be 3 mnths on october 10th and I was wondering when breast feed babies start sleeping through the night?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on what you consider "sleeping through the night" LOL Around 2 months mine start "sleeping through the night" but really they're sleeping about 6 hrs and then 4 hrs. My ped considers that "sleeping all night". Over the next month they eliminate that 1 time they get up, until about a month or 2 later - which is a sign they need to start solids b/c they're getting up again after sleeping all night. ALL babies are different and this can vary depending on if you are cosleeping and stuff like that as well.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 9:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My daughter sleeps in a crib. She has been sleeping through the night since 2 1/2 months. She is exclusively breastfed also. I think the easiest way to get your little one to sleep through the night is to have a solid routine every night. At 7:45 my daughter gets a bath, then put in her pjs then I rock her and nurse her to sleep with soft music every night. It's been that way since she was born. She knows what to expect each night and is a great sleeper! Good luck :)
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 9:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My girl just started sleeping through the night around 5mo. The whole issue made me so mad at my pedi- she recommended to let her CIO at 4 months because she was 'big' enough. Tried it once and it did nothing except break my heart and make her exhaust herself to sleep :(.. Never will do that again! She just needed some more time and now she goes all night on her own, unless there is a real problem :)
    mom-lovingit

Answer by mom-lovingit at 11:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Mine didn't until I let him cry it out at 9 months.
    sixzilliondots

Answer by sixzilliondots at 9:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008