I want to make spaghetti sauce using fresh tomatoes any recipes

We have tons of tomatoes and I want to can some spaghetti (pasta) sauce anyone have any really good recipes.
P.s I dont like whole cooke tomatoes so I am looking for more of a sauce thanks.

MamaAlderman_2

Asked by MamaAlderman_2 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Try allrecipes.com
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• What kind of tomatoes are they? Some varieties aren't as good for sauce because they are very watery. If they are a meatier variety, like romas or beefsteak, they'll be good. You want to boil some water, and dip them briefly, then transfer to a bowl of ice water. This will make them easy to peel. Once peeled, cut in half and de-seed. Put the tomato flesh in a large, non-reactive (re: not aluminum) pan with a bit of salt (a little...you can add more later, but you can't get rid of it once it's there!), some basil, oregano, and a tiny bit of sugar. If you want to add onion, now's the time. As it heats, mash with a potato masher. cont...
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Bring to a simmer, adding a bit of liquid if needed. Now, if you want smoother sauce, you can either use an immersion blender or use a regular blender. You'll have to do it in batches with a blender, but it goes quickly. Add some olive oil, not alot, and if you want, adjust the seasonings. Simmer until it reduces slightly (low heat). You can either freeze or can it at this point.
    If you want extra flavor, get a hunk of chuck roast and a hunk of pork roast, brown with some onion slices, and add to the sauce. Simmer until the meat is falling apart tender. Remove and eat with pasta or alone.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• man jespeach you just made me hungry thank you
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2008