Oil spill down south.... adult content

Anyone live down there? How's it really going? I think all the jackass CEO's of that company should swim in the polluted waters until it's cleaned up. Tony Hayward says they'll continue working until it's back to normal. Good Luck! It will never be normal again thanks to those ass holes!! I used to think everyone should boycott their stations, but if they go bankrupt because of this, nothing will be done to make it right... :(

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• it's going to take the land and animals time to reco after this mess! not to mention alot of businesses. i have be boycoting bp. the last time i used their gas was right before the engine in the car blew up four years ago.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• There is nothing on the TX coast. They say they can't find the oil. Just this morning they said 75% of the oil is cleaned up. A lot of the fishing spots are open again. What needs to be done is to concentrate on the marshes and the spots states say they need the most help in. You are freaking out for no reason. This will be fixed and the oil will be gone. BP is still working on the clean up. States are asking the government for the help to clean up their marshes. Now it is time to listen to the governors and mayors and allow them the help they need.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I went to florida in July and it was gorgeous in St. Pete. But I heard the panhandle and lousiana are not that great. But I will admit the reporting on the news should make the areas known that have oil. It scared off a lot of tourism in Florida and it was not covered by the media correctly. Bad press coverage.......
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• bad and press go together like peanut butter and jelly! lol. I watched BP In Deep Water earlier today and it's just unbelievable. I used to go to Destin and Sanibel Island, and Pensacola was my favorite. We planned on a family vaca their this winter. Pensacola that is and I don't know that I could handle seeing all that first hand. :(
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I live in Mobile, AL. We've been extraordinarily luck here. The Mobile River empties into the Bay and creates enough current that the oil was kept out of the bay and also off the west end of Dauphin Island.
    How's it really going? Slow, painful, full of sickness and worry. Cleanup workers are getting sick, the levels of benzene and VOC's in our air is hundreds of times the EPA's recommended safe levels, and they aren't allowed to use respirators. After the insane amounts of Corexit poured into the water (so much so that BP has exhausted the world's supply of the chemical) I would be shocked to see marine life recover in my lifetime. The herring population after the Valdez spill has yet to recover, and both the miserable loss of marine habitat as well as the high numbers of respiratory illness and death are linked to the use of the dispersant. Interestingly enough, Exxon controlled Corexit's production at the time of the
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Alaska spill, and BP controls it's production now.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not freaking out, itsmesteph11. I just don't live near there and the news doesn't tell everything people want to know. As for it being back to normal, they had some interviews with people up north near connecticut regarding the continueing effect of an oil spill almost 30 -40 yrs ago. It's not going to just dissappear. What I want to know is what are they doing with all the sludge that they are raking up off the beach?! It has to go somewhere....
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010