Why do I have trouble making friends??????????

I was very popular in high school and never had any problems making girl friends. Well now that im older and i have been married once and now with another man i cant seem to make a friend to save my life!! I am very nice and very talkative but my ex husbands and my currant boyfriends wives and girl friends do not like me at all and thats from 2 different states!!! i dont know what it is but they just never seem to like me. What do you think might be the deal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• If you are pretty
    and you have a hansom man
    THEY ARE JELOUS LOL
    Anonymous

• woman are catty especially if walking into an already established group im having the same problems especially being from a diffrent state....woman suck in groups lol
    GabeANnenasmOm

Answer by GabeANnenasmOm at 9:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i don't think the problem is with you, it's with them. i have the same problem. i'm not shy and i care about others etc and still for the life of me can't seem to have one real best friend since i married. so what do you do. i got on here to try to meet girls in my area with kids and a husband to hang out with and nothing yet. also it could be that they are jealous or that they don't like how nice you are cause it would make them look bad. i don't know. do you want to be friends, i would.i'll put you on myspace....lol
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You want to be friends with your ex husbands wife or girlfriends? I don't get it about the boyfriend tho.... he has wife, girlfriend besides you?
    I'm dingier than usual tonight cause your post just doesn't make much sense to me... you need to get friends other than your ex husband's wife and girlfriends or your boyfriends wife/girlfriends. I don't want to be friends with my hubby's ex's. If he'd had kids with her, I'd have to get along somehow but I doubt I'd want to hang out with her.
    I don't make friends easy either, but it works for me, I am very close to the handful that I have. Join some groups, take some classes, smile more often and people will respond maybe... I met a couple of my good friends at my child's school (volunteering, class parties, field trips).
    Anonymous

• I asked this question!!! and mean the wives and girlfriends of my x husbands and boyfriends LIKE AS IN THEIR FRIENDS WIVES AND GF'S NOT THE X WIVES AND GF'S!!! LOL
    Anonymous

• If people in 2 different states don't like you, maybe you need to change your approach.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Can't only be them.... maybe they feel you're unaproachable? A lot of women are intimidated by women they think are prettier, smarter, dressed better... usually they're wrong, the person is wanting to be friends too but neither make the first move. Say hi, and maybe mention a hobby you're interested in and if they like that too, maybe you could set up a time to go do it together, or to get tips from each other, see each other's work, or maybe you both love the same stores etc.... someone's gotta make the first invitation. I wish I had a friend that liked going to yard sales and flea markets. I don't care so much about dragging a bunch of stuff home, but I like looking to see if there's something great that no one else has discovered lol I'm always on the seach for unusual cookie jars, they're my thing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Women are hard to be friends with. I think we are automatically on the defensive for some reason. I have a very hard time making friends due to my sometimes...crude sense of humor. You might not be popular but keep trying to find friends. Its best to have one or two really good ones then 10 people who are only nice to you because they have to be. Plus, stay away from ex's wives etc......that's just drama waiting to happen. I'll be your friend!!
    ceciandrew

Answer by ceciandrew at 10:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I ALSO HAVE A HARD TIME MAKING FRIENDS. MY HUSBAND SAYS I COME ACROSS AS A SNOB. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO BE FRIENDLY TO MAKE FRIENDS BUT I FEEL RUDE BUTTING IN ON SOMEONE ELSES CONVERSATION. I HAVE A HARD TIME MAKING SMALL TALK WITH PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2008