why's my DD pooping so much lately?

my dd used to poop every 2 days while exclusively on bm, now shes 8 months old and has recently been pooping 3-4 times a day for the past 2 weeks with each time being a small nugget. She started on solids at 6 mos. We've been feeding her pretty much the same things.. so I guess it can't be a certain food that's making her poop so much? Any ideas?

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 2:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds to me just by the type of poop, that she could be a little dehydrated. Try to get more fluid in her diet. Other than that.. pooping a few times a day is just as normal as pooping every other day, more normal in fact.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Her tummys getting used to different foods. My son does the same thing. I've been told it is very healthy. Ask your peds if you are that concerned.
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 8:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree that it sounds like some dehydration. Baby needs more fluids to wash things out better.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010