Any ideas on a keepsake for my sister's baby?

My husband's mother made a quilt for my daughter's birth with a square from most the females in the family. Now MY mother wants to do something similar for my sister's baby, but WE are not as crafty.

Ksndra

Asked by Ksndra at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I gave my niece a baby book for her son when she was pregnant. In it was her history. Pictures of my grandparents (her great grandparents), my parents (her grandparents), her mom, and her, from birth to present. It also had little things her mom had held on to over the years, like her baby booties, the name tag from her hospital basinette, the playbill from her 1st grade Christmas play, and so forth. In the very front was a family tree, and there were places for her to add things from her husbands side, and the second half of it was left empty for her to fill in with memories from and for her baby. She loved it. Georgie is now 3, and she's already 1/3 of the way through the blank pages :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• hmm...if you can't knit booties or make an outfit.... Then try a blanket.. the fleece blankest are really easy.. you just cut the edges and tie knots....
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Have you ever seen the kits that you use to make a mold of the baby's hands or feet? I did them on my younger 2 kids and they are super cool. You have the choice of making plaster ones, or an acrylic type material one. I think the acrylic turned out super cool, I have them displayed in my hutch on a round mirror disk.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 9:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• my mother-in-law gave my daughter one pearl on a necklace. every year she added a pearl to it until it was full. it is now in a safety deposit box until her wedding.
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 10:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• the blanket that emturner mentioned above is super easy. anyone can do it. here is a site with a how-to
    http://www.allkindsofbabystuff.com/
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 10:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008