can you drink wine when you are pregnant

if so how much

laura80

Asked by laura80 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• NO, not good for baby!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• NO NO NO please dont my aunt did with her daughter only every now and then and she is handicapped
    hisbabymama18

Answer by hisbabymama18 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My doctor told ME that it was ok to have a glass of wine occassionally, but only ONE!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Never ever! Doctors do not know when during development or how much alcohol cause birth defects. It is not worth the risk!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 9:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• There's no safe amount. But if your dr says you can then just really limit it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The general recommendation is no alcohol at all. That's because there are no documented "safe amounts" of alcohol. Every person is different; each body and each fetus will respond differently to various amounts of alcohol.

The absolute safest thing to do is to abstain from all alcoholic beverages. This is the way I look at it: I want to make sure I do everything I can to ensure a healthy baby, because if my baby is born with any medical problems, I'll always wonder if what I did was the cause--even if it was just one glass of wine.
    ClownPleco

Answer by ClownPleco at 11:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You can have 1 glass but no more than that within a 24 hour period and always red wine. US doctors say none because if you give some women an inch they take a mile.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008