• In the Spotlight:

I'm far into my pregnancy and during sex when I'm on top I feel something inside of me, I believe the cervix is being hit or rubbed around with my husbands penis..

My husband says it feels weird and I too think it feels weird... its not every time when we have sex... Is this suppose to be normal at 37 weeks of pregnancy? And I know I shouldn't do this position but I can only come this position cuz my belly is in the way with any other position lol. (And I enjoy this position the best) I was told during pregnancy the cervix is high and isn't felt during sex? Just curious of what other's experience. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had 4 full term pregnancies. What you describe is perfectly normal. In late pregnancy the size of the uterus pushes the cervix farther down and sex becomes much more uncomfortable. It won't hurt anything but it doesn't feel too good!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It's normal. If you haven't lost your mucous plug yet, carry on as your comfort allows. If I may interject, when it got uncomfortable for me we tried the "spoon" position. And that's all the detail I will give in public. But it does allow for proper "entry" if that's the word, and is much more comfortable for you because you're on your side and not trying to hold up all that baby. BTW, kudos to you for keeping the flame alive at this point in your pregnancy, many women won't.
    peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 9:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• we feel it too he said that he feels like he is bumping in to something .. and im only 10 weeks
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2008