How many of us with young kids get out for exercise on a daily basis?

I have 3 kids whom I home school and find it difficult to get outdoors for exercise. Do many of you with young ones get out of the house everyday for exercise?

Venetia.

Asked by Venetia. at 4:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have one child and I usually do my exercise inside when she naps. But I get outside everyday with her (unless it's like today and raining). It's important to get outside in the sun daily for at least an hour for vitamin D and energy and it will help your kids nap better.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have four little ones, ages two to five, and I only get outside maybe once or twice a week. I have an elliptical in my basement that I use for my regular exercise.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 6:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think you just have to work it into your schedule. If you have a schedule for your daily lessons and other things, schedule in some outdoor time. It doesn't have to be "exercise" it can be just some time to walk around the block, play a game of tag or run through the sprinkler. If you do homeschooling activities w/ other families, sign them up for a community sport like soccer (which usually starts at 3). I don't homeschool, but my ds is home for the summer and we go to the Y every morning and they often "exercise" like me. Then we usually go to the park, for a walk in the afternoon or something outside of the house. If its too hot, or I'm too tired to pack us all up, I do things like freeze dance, simon says or teach them fun simple exercises like jumping jacks, etc.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Not everyday, but at least 5 times a week, I leave my dd with my dh and go work out!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't get outside everyday to exercise but we do get outside everyday, even if it's for an hour. I work full time so the only time we have is in the evening and sometimes other things prevent us from doing stuff outside.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my daughter is now 3 and goes to daycare BUT up until she was 13 months i did alot of my workouts when she slept and lost alot of weight too
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Outside??NO WAY! It's 100+ here in Ga and has been for more than 2 months...it's hot from 6 am until 9 pm...we stay in the A/C unless taking my 4 1/2 yr old to school, picking up or running errands. I work out 6 days a week though- in the comfort of my A/C. I'm not running outside in this heat- I'd literally die! I run on my treadmill for a couple of miles, do Insanity, Yoga, crunches on my stability ball, you name it I can do it inside! LOL
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It's too hot here, but I try for 3 days a week at the gym.
    When it cools down, we at least go for walks every day.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 7:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes- almost. I run on M/W/F at night, bike Sat. mornings and sometimes on Tuesday evenings, and do yoga on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings. I also try to take a walk every morning- this is more of a stroll- enough for my 4 yr old to get in some exercise and time on her bike or scooter.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes. We walk everyday around our neighborhood.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010