If this is not idiocy I don't know what is!

http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/5696/

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have no trouble believing that Americans are fed propaganda about health care.  It is quite obvious by their complete misinformation about the health care systems of other countries.  I also have no trouble believing that religious doctors deny medical care because religion absolves them of their social responsibility.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My OB/surgeon is "religious", and he never sicks a collection agency on any of his patients who are unable to pay. He is one of the only doctors in his field (in the area) who accepts Medicaid, and he is barely able to keep his doors open. He has always worked with me on what little monthly payment I could make, and he has never given me a hard time about it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Religion is the 'reason' the US hasn't had universal health care? Religion is the reason many have expensive and lousy health care? Religion has kept the US from becoming yet another monument to socialist failure? We're supposed to toss our beliefs on some scrap heap, wrap our arms around socialism?

Someone needs to check and see whether Anna Bates had a mommy who held her under water a lot when she was a baby.

It's long overdue to have 'socialism' added to the psych dictionary. Growing up and learning to understand basic math seems to be the only cure, but the disorder should be listed.

Additionally, people need to wrap their heads around the FACT that we have NO health care, only a medical business. We will NEVER have health care unless we scrap the BUSINESS. A business needs income to prosper, and healthy people will bankrupt a medical business. Socialism would only make all of us 'sick' (but lucrative),
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• key word in that article " religious/religion. Yes religious, legalistic christians are like this. They are the ones that do not have the relationship with Christ but a relationship with religion.
    However there are christian doctors who do have a heart! Its not idiocy but a lack of knowledge of who God really is and who they are in Christ!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you click on the "About us" button & read more about this website, you'll read this...

Political Affairs is affiliated with the Communist Party, USA....

people need to be a little more selective in where you get your information before passing this trash on.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Actually, there are studies that prove that those who practice a faith & pray, recover quicker, have better outcomes & are in general healthier than those who don't..

In a survey of 1,144 U.S. doctors published in a leading medical journal, 85 percent said that religion and spirituality have a positive effect on health. In addition:

* 76 percent said faith can help people cope with illness.
    * 74 percent said it helps ill people think in a positive way.
    * 55 percent thought religious groups provided good emotional and practical support to the sick.
    * 54 percent believe that at times, a supernatural being intervenes in health care.

There's tons more info if you do a bit of research
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't put much stock in these articles. I've had some awesome Dr.s who really worked with me financially and all of them turned out to be Christians or "religious"
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 6:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It's sad if it's true, but I don't know how they determine who is religious and who isn't in the article or the book they cited.  Also the person writing the article seems to have an agenda also, I'm not saying it's wrong just not necessarily impartial.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• basic health and other basic needs for all people are being met. If a doctor does not do abortions they will tell you can get the help you want. They just want to scare you, do not fall for this, BS.
    ....................................

"Only then will they be ready to seriously entertain the notion of true socialism." THIS STATEMENT IS FRIGHTING !!!!!!
    .................................................
    And lets not forget that prayer has been proven to help the sick. So religion is not as bad as they want to think.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Actually there are studies where the patients did not even know they were being prayed for, and they had better outcomes than the patients who did not receive prayer. I had read about it years ago when an e-mail friend from Australia participated in the study, and we learned about it in nursing school. It may be a while before I have a chance to find a reference, though, so if you choose not to believe it I understand.

My own personal experience is that Christian doctors have been more willing to work with me than other doctors when they know I cannot pay as much (like when we had only Medicaid because DH lost his job and we lost our insurance).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010