should i see a doctor(RE) now?

i cant afford medicated cycles right this moment but what if i went to the RE anyway and at least make sure I don't need anymore testing?(did some with obgyn) I'm afraid I'm gonna get in there and they will throw stuff at me thinking I'm gonna do it right away...

i just thought if i go in now and make sure everything is ok...while im saving my money i wont feel like i wasted time if they find something if i wait....does that make sense?

i don't want to wait then find out there is something wrong later...lol sorry its late

anyone else do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• This is coming from a friend that you know..........Go for it girl......I know what you have gone for....first of all it gets your foot in the door....and be upfront tell them you are saving for some of the possible options....and then you know what the plan of action is....and where you need to go.....and if there is any further testing they may want to do....I do not think you are wasting your time by going now.....I think this is an awesome step for you and no i don't think you would be wasting your time.
    Breanna9

Answer by Breanna9 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Have you tried charting your temperature?  It worked for me 2 times.  You can buy a good book that will tell you how to do it and it is much cheaper than an RE!  There is also a great website to check out www.fertilityfriend.com

amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I've been charting for 1 year...
    Anonymous

• You could call an RE office or do some research on the internet as to what tests they conduct, and compare them to the ones your OB/GYN did.

You could always make an appointment, do the work-up and then discuss what your options are. Just be upfront about what you can and can't do. Physicians will understand financial limitations.

Also, you could look into some books about nutrition and fertility (if you haven't already). Diet and exercise play a big role.

Good luck.
    ClownPleco

Answer by ClownPleco at 11:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• oh...ive been ttc 7 years there isnt anything i havent read....and i believe there are a few tests my ob should have done but didnt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes that makes sense and YES, YES, YES I think you should see an RE even if you don't do all the tests they want you to. I know you are probably not asking me because I'e already told you I think you need to see an RE and I hope I'm not bugging you about it, LOL! But I just believe in my heart that you need to be there, some may set up a payment plan as well. I wish I was rich, I would send you the money tomorrow!! GL and God bless!
    eband

Answer by eband at 6:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• LOL thanks girls!
    Anonymous