Always wet and sweaty during last 2 months, no matter what!! help! any tips would be wonderful!

I'm non stop sweating, I like sleep in front of the fan while its on high and don't cover and still sweat throughout the night, while my husband freezes next to me. I hate it, I frequently have to change my underwear since I'm always wet, and wet my daily kotex pads.I'm always sweaty and not to mention my hair. ITS NOT WORKING, lol. i look hideous this month. like i'm not self concious enough. I'm 38 weeks along.Any tips??

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 4:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• About the sweating...if you are sweating down there you may be slowly leaking fluid. When I was 37 weeks I had to call my doctor and she said go take a shower and dry up. Put underware on...if you under panties get wet within 10 mintues it may be that your water has a slow leak. They had me come in and sure enough that is what it was. I would try that and if you get similar results I would call your doctor. As for staying cool, I have the same problem. Taking a cool shower before you go to bed with your hair pulled up and back (off your neck) and where little to no clothes. You can use a wet wash cloth to set on your neck, chest and the fan will help cool the water on it. If you have air conditioning that works well. I know I need it up high and can not sleep when I am too hot and pregnant! Good luck!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sweating during pregnancy is very natural and can be a real pain. When you are feeling especially sweaty, try a cool bath and wash your hair. Lightly pat your skin - not all the way dry. Let the rest of the water on your skin evaporate -- evaporation is cooling process. Let the hair next to your scalp dry on its own. Don't wear socks or hats - heat escapes through your head and feet. Good luck with your (soon to be) new baby!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Gee, sorry to hear this. Any thing but sweat, that's just dreadful and so exhausting. You have a.c.?? or just a fan?
    If you don't have any a.c. (you said fan, only. ) I am really surprised.
    You aren't getting rid of this sweat issue until this gets bought and installed and used.
    If you are sweaty and have a.c. I can only say........wow! Just drink tons if you can, and pee into a bladder control pad. Your doc may be able to give these to you for the time span of the pregnancy and recovery. Just ask : )
    Good wishes and keep asking for help.
    Oh, I wonder if you put a box of baking soda under the sheet, (sprinkled entire box,) this supposedly absorbs moisture and holds it aways from you and the bed. Then later vaccumn it off with a hose nozzle.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Extra thoughts:

Wet a washcloth with alcohol or sea breeze. Or use cotton balls or even a pad and soak the alcohol or sea breeze, or if they are too strong use witch hazel, or some baby wipes, or a wipe type cloth (ready to use) keep them handy at your bedside.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well you have 2 weeks to go lol. I feel you but I'm only 29 weeks and I can't stand being hot and this humidity and hot weather we have isn't helping. Try sleeping in just like a tank top and your undies and don't cover yourself at night.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i take a cool shower before bed to help lower by body temp a little... it helps :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2010