• In the Spotlight:

Looking to buy a pet squid or octopus

I live in Dekalb Il and I'm not really sure where I can find an exotic pet shop around here. I don't think ordering one online is a good idea and the hour drive to and from chicago seems a bit too far to travel with it. I mean the drive with our snake wasn't bad, but he didn't have to be kept in a special tank. Can anyone help me with this issue?

nyraerikson

Asked by nyraerikson at 6:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pets

• I wish i can help you but i just wanted to say... wow.. a pet squid or octopus.. never heard of that before. have fun on your search
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't think you can get those as pets. That's a little odd.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can they're just hard to find. It is odd, but my 16 year old (who's allergic to anything with fur) wants one for his birthday.
    nyraerikson

Comment by nyraerikson (original poster) at 6:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would have it shipped personally. Can you ask a local pet shop to order it in their nextfish shipment? Then at least it will be in the proper container at the right temperature etc. We have our shop ship us fish all the time.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 6:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have no clue on this one. I would think that Chicago would be your best bet to find one. If you do get one just make sure you get a big enough tank because of how they move. Good Luck.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would check out ebay. I am shopping around for coral chips for our aquarium. I have seen lots of "odd" pets on there.
    I found a site in my own searches and found this. they are curently out of stock but if you keep checking I am sure you could get one.
    http://store.fishsupplyunderwater.com/coral---inverts.html
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 1:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010