what would you tell your mother inlaw if she would tell you her son must be blind to be with you?

she didnt tell me to my face she just lefted recorded on my answering machine, and I texted her back and told her off! since I opened my hubby's eyes in making him realize how much of a bitch she is with my son and that a whole year can go by and she wont even bother to call how any of us are doing, and she always tries blaming us that we dont take my son, but I think she should call and ask for him or pick him up atleast once. she goes to visit her other son 4 hours away from the city and us that we leave here local just 15 minutes away she never comes at all which i'm glad because I dont want her here but i'm mean atleast to pick up her one and only grandson so she can stop telling all her family its us that dont let her see him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like you did all you can do. Just leave her alone. You're happy. You're husbands happy. You're kids are happy. I wouldnt disturb that.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 9:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You need to be the bigger person. Stooping to her level and 'telling her off' is the reaction she's most likely looking for. It provides leverage for her, and now she's got it in writing. Next time she does something stupid like that, call (not text) and let her know that it was hurtful and you would appreciate it if she wouldn't do things like that, and by the way, how was your day today? Grit your teeth, be an adult, and be pleasant. Then she won't have anything to throw at you and she will either warm up to you or completely ignore you because you aren't giving her what she wants. :) Good Luck!
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• That sounds like something my mother in law would do.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I wouldn't tell my MIL anything. If she did that she'd be out of our lives. My husband would not tolerate that and neither would I, but we wouldn't need to create further drama. Just a neat, tidy removal from our lives.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Lmfao, that's my mother in law...and personally I would tell her to F**** off.!
    Anonymous

• Poke her with a spoon...LOL...just cut her out completely..who cares what she has to say...it's your family's life. Do you want someone like that around your son?
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• What would I tell her? Goodbye, probably.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would come back with a witty answer that's kind of telling her off, but not really. Something like, "I'm sorry you have that low of an opinion of your son" and then just walk away. That's kinda like saying f-you in a nice way ;) LOL It's still a dig at her, but a polite one... LOL
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sounds a lot like my fiance's mom. She called & left a voice mail on my Moms phone saying I was immature & that i'll be an adult someday because we don't allow her to see our son since they had pot growing on their back porch while we were living there. I didn't say anything to her but when she called my fiance he told her that it was wrong & that he was going to let her see our son but now that she said those things to me she screwed herself. I just wanted to punch her ugly ass in the face & tell her to grow up & stop spending money she has saved up for bills on weed.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• just for fun....I'd tell her to take the stick out of her ass and jab herself in the eyes w/ it so she doesn't have to see you.....

but honestly....be the bigger person, you will out live her. lol
    yrulokin4me

Answer by yrulokin4me at 6:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008