is it possible to be preggers and the test come back negative?

I have not been feeling well for about a week.Some of the symptoms I have been having would be a sign of pregnancy. But the 2 test I have taken have come back negative.

mommasbois

Asked by mommasbois at 6:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• more than likely you are not pregnant then. if you are far enough along in a pregnancy to have symptoms, then a test is going to be postiive if you are pregnant. howver your best bet would be to go to the Dr and get checked out.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes you can get a negative if you havent missed a period. With my oldest I knew right away when I was pregnant like before I was even a week along. I never had any morning sickness or anything though! Thank God! Wait and see if your period comes if it doesnt try again. If you dont want to wait go to the doctor and get a blood test. those come back positive before the urine tests do.

josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 7:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I couldn't get a positive home test with my 2nd son. I was almost 3 months pregnant with him when I went to the doctors and they did blood work and they came back positive.
    jax3

Answer by jax3 at 7:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The ONLY accurate test is the blood test. I took tests here @ home that came up postitive, went to the dr their pee test came back negative, went back the next day & demanded a blood test & sure enough!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes it is very possible to get a false negative. You say symptoms are there, but don't say what or whether you are late. If you are late then I would definitely be calling the doc for a blood test.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i took more then three test and they all came back negative and i was sure i was pregnant and then i went to clinic and i was pregnant and im having my little girl this fall go to clinic and find out for sure
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Maybe, but you could also be stressing yourself and maybe that is what is making your period late.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yeah, i have a friend that never tested positive on a HPT the whole time she was pregnant and her baby was totally fine... wait a week and test again or see your dr...
    the stress thing is possible to though so...
    i hope you get the outcome you're hoping for.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i started havin syptoms pretty quick n thats how i knew i was prego but the test didnt show positive till i was 6 weeks!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I do not consider this as normal or common, BUT my friend Melinda had negative tests until she was 12.5 weeks along. She had irregular cycles to begin with so missing one cycle was ok but after she missed two and still testing negative she went to a specialist and STILL had negative tests urine and blood. The specialist did an ultrasound and yes she was just past the first trimester. We don't know if she would have still tested negative past that because once it was confirmed she had no reason to. The placenta never put out enough HCG to register on a test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010