Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

can you name two of your neighbors?

Some people don't know anyone who lives next to them do you think this is true?

 
pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 7:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 40 (117,668 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (18)
  • I know quite a few of my neighbors. My next door neighbor and I share a fence with a gate off the back patio because the original owners of my house had their parents living next door. We are the classic leaning on the fence chatting every day types of peeps. I know even more people in a neighborhood because after 16 years and two kids going through school you get to know parents. I'm always waving to someone or running into them when I go for walks. My husband only knows a few because he never gets off the flippin couch!
    WoodWitch

    Answer by WoodWitch at 8:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • this is sad but true, I have tons of neighbors but can only name two
    cassie_kellison

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • Yes, it's true. We know one neighbor. They are great and we help each other with little things. Do not know others. We have said hello but that's it. This is the first time we have not known more of our neighbors. Have lived in 4 houses and knew many more neighbors in all the other locations.
    elizabr

    Answer by elizabr at 7:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • We live on a culdesac. We know everyone all the way around except for one family. And we know the two families behind us.
    ghostwriter777

    Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • Not at all, I know all of my neighbors in my block and the houses are very far apart, very nice people too!
    older

    Answer by older at 7:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • Yes it is true but such a sad situation. I wave to all my neighbors but don't really KNOW many of them. My next door neighbor has 3 small children and I help with them when I can. Neighbors are important as they can be an extended family. When I grew up there were no fences and walls between houses so you always were talking to the neighbors. Yes there can be problems but we need to get back to being civilized. I live in a cul-de-sac so we often have block parties and spend time together, so much fun.
    Librarylady60

    Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • Our neighborhood is only 20% full time. The other 80% are vacation homes and are rarely used. So....... for the full time residents, I know about half of them.
    sherribeare

    Answer by sherribeare at 7:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • The woman the lives across the street from us is a waitress at a restraunt we go to a lot plus she has known my DH since he was little because his family ate there a lot too. We also know our next door neighbors pretty well.
    Lobelia

    Answer by Lobelia at 7:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • I can name all my neighbors, but then I've lived in the same house for almost 38 years.
    NannyB.

    Answer by NannyB. at 8:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • I've been in my house for 16 years. I know most on the block. Out of the 11 eleven houses on my dead end block, I know 7 of them and are friends with 2.
    Cindy18

    Answer by Cindy18 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN