I'm 37 weeks and terrified!

I'm terrified, i was diagnosed with an enlarged placenta and placenta previa, its covering part of my cervix, i was put on pelvic rest meaning no sex or vaginal exams whatso ever, anyway i was googling it and i was reading it can get severe enough to have a hysterectomy. I'm really scared now. I think I'm gonna have a c-section, because I'm full term and there isn't much time for it to go back to normal place. And its pretty heavy so i doubt it. Any experiences?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 7:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No experience with this but as a previous worried pregnant new mom I can tell you that your doctors will do all that they can to make sure you and the baby are healthy. Try to relax, there are many what ifs to child birth.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No experiences here, I just wanted to say good luck & don't stress yourself too much. Stress hormones aren't good for the baby & w/ your added risks I think you should work on staying as calm as possible. Whatever will be will be, there's no control you have now except how you deal w/ what's happening. Talk it out, then put it out of your mind, don't focus on it all day.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no stress. And no google. Every situation is different
    MrsCrain0409

Answer by MrsCrain0409 at 8:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No experiences to share unfortunately but very glad that you have at least made the 37 week mark! Talk to your doctor about your fears on this and have him/her work with you to do what is best for you and the baby. Also, I agree with MrsCrain...stay the heck away from google!! lol It can be so helpful sometimes but in cases like these I think all it does is put the worst case scenario in your head and stress you out. Good luck girl and congrats on your soon to be new addition =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• With modern medicine the way it is, it is doubtful that you need to be worrying so much about something that is so severe and unlikely. Besides, you need to be focused on the precious new life you're about to bring into this world! Are you ready to fall in love like you never have before? Are the clothes all washed in Dreft? (I miss that smell) Is the nursery done? Do you need to finish up some shopping? Do that online instead of googling. Google is enough to scare the pants off of any sane preggo woman. LOL Good luck, mama, you will be just fine!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No experience at all but good luck!!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No experience I hope everything works out for you.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yeah i agree... stay away from google and the what to expect scary kind of books...
    its an added complication but nothing your doctors haven't seen before I'm sure!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• sorry i also have not been there. i disagree with the others and think it's good to do all the research you can and then ask your doctor questions. likely he'll let you know that your case is not as severe as what you are reading about. i think the book birthing from within as some good info on c-section births! ican international's website also has info on c-sections. GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010