measuring small.

I am 36 weeks and the doctor is ordering a u/s because he thinks I am measuring too small. I had a c-sectionwith my daughter so I was wondering if anyone was induced or taken early due to this?

MrsCrain0409

Asked by MrsCrain0409 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced because my baby was measuring too big..... I was induced one week early and everything turned out fine.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't think they would induce you because your baby is measuring small. I think they would probably let you even go past your due date so taht your baby can grow just a little more.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't let them induce me just because they thought I was measuring small. I don't know if there are doctors that do that or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. I measured small with my son. He was 6lbs 5oz when he was born but he was just fine. He is just naturally a smaller size child. I was too when I was little (lord, what happened to me lol) My daughter was 6lbs 15oz.. I personally, before allowing an induction, would make them do a thorough u/s. If they thought there was a problem after that then and induction would be considered. I was told my son was going to be a big baby. Fact is, they can only guess on size.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• seems to me like they' would let you go a little longer... but you never know...
    the only instance i've heard of where they've induced b/c the baby was too small was in women who had gastric by-pass and the baby wasn't getting enough nutrients
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• They may be concerned about IUGR (intraunterine growth restriction). So a u/s is to rule out that possibility. If baby has stopped growing and maturing then yes that is one instance where baby would be better out of the womb sooner rather than later.

jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well she measured 5lbs 8 oz waiting to hear from doctor
    MrsCrain0409

Comment by MrsCrain0409 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010